Wow. I'm late today. I was going to write a short note and tell all of you Happy New Year much, much earlier than eight at night, but here I am. I have no idea why I forgot.
This last week has been a little hard on me. Thinking about the past year, wondering what 2019 holds, and hoping that grow through the year--not just writing, but as a person.
I've learned a few things.
1. Writing best friend romances are hard. I'm not sure I'll do anymore of those.
2. Writing nearly a million words in a year is draining. Vacations from thinking are necessary.
3. I need to trust God more when it comes to not only my writing but my life in general. He's pretty big and I can't see past my nose.
4. I love writing and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm good at something. (I told my editor that I wanted her to push me to do even better in the coming year and not take any sass from me.)
5. My skin has gotten a little thicker, but there are still times words hurt. I'm going to try to make 2019 the year that I let things slide off my back a little more. Not every book is for every person and every person is not for every book. That doesn't mean someone doesn't like me...it means...I need to do better telling a story.
And last, I'm so grateful for all the lessons learned. Hard or otherwise, hopefully, they'll make me a better person in 2019. I want to be better. :)
Happy New Year, everyone. May your year be filled with good times and precious memories.